EC DAWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tendonitis

3 posters

Go down

Tendonitis Empty Tendonitis

Post by Pastor Joe Ritchie January 24th 2008, 15:46

I figured being a health question this is the best place to ask! Are there any of my fellow wheelchair folks that have expereinced tendonitis in the wrist and top of your forearm? Mine is killing me! Is there anything I can do about it besides rest and tough it up? (I'm already doing that)
Pastor Joe Ritchie
Pastor Joe Ritchie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Tendonitis Empty Re: Tendonitis

Post by Admin January 24th 2008, 20:31

hey joe, same problem with my shoulder, wrists and elbows. It usually occurs when I slow down exercising. i find light exercise and taking ibuprofene helps.

now, how can i stop aging

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-16

https://ecdawg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mindoxie February 2nd 2008, 23:47

Hi -- common problem, but tough to cure because it's about overuse.

You could try stretching the tendons and muscles (after wheeling around some as a warm up - not when you're still cold), ice packs if there is a sudden flare up of pain (first 48-72 hours) then heat with stretching (try one of those microwaveable magic bags which last up to 20 minutes), and of course "vitamin I" (ibuprofen) or some other anti-inflammatory. Sometimes a cortisone injection may help, depending on where the pain is and especially if things have really flared up. A short course of physio would help -- but the problem is funding since physio was delisted from OHIP for most people.

Oh and one more thing, if you're popping a lot of vitamin I, in the long term it can cause stomach ulcers -- so you might need to add something to protect the stomach by decreasing stomach acid production. Your family doctor or physiatrist should be able to help.

mindoxie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tendonitis Empty Thanks

Post by Pastor Joe Ritchie February 15th 2008, 10:09

Hey thanks for the advice folks, I followed it and after about three weeks I was back to normal! Stop aging! Have't you heard of the fountain of youth in LaSalle! Lol Very Happy
Pastor Joe Ritchie
Pastor Joe Ritchie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum