EC DAWG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities

2 posters

Go down

Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities Empty Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities

Post by lynn January 24th 2008, 13:47

I would like to know if there is any interest in having a workshop on the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). The LHIN is responsible for planning and funding all Miinistry of Health services in Windsor Essex, Sarnia Lambton, and Chatham Kent. Over the next 3 years there will be about 31 million new dollars flowing into services in this LHIN district. The funding will flow to 5 priority areas: Meals/Nutrition, Transportation, Homecare, End of Life and Adaptive Devices. This funding is part of an initiative called "Aging at Home". The primary objectives are to increase the systems capacity to serve people in the community, and reduce dependence on hospital based services. The funding is quite strictly for Senior Citizens.

In the past whenever new funding has come for Seniors, services for Adults with Disabilities got the same ehancement or expansion increases. This initiative is for people 65 or over.

If there is any interest I would be interested in setting up an info session so that people can understand the LHIN structure and how it is proceding in Windsor Essex County.

People with Physical Disabilities need to start putting some pressure on for new funding. There are too many young people with disabilities living in Nursing Homes because there are not appropriate services for them in the community.

Lynn

lynn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities Empty Re: Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities

Post by johnboy January 24th 2008, 19:42

Hey Lynn, good post, I for one don't know much about the LHIN and an info wounldn't hurt. i sure don't want the money going to another district because of lack of understanding of what the LHIN funding is for

johnboy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities Empty Re: Funding for Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities

Post by lynn January 26th 2008, 14:09

Thanks John,
Hope a few more people read it

lynn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down